Hello Beautiful

Hello Beautiful

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fun Ways to Save Money



“New year. New me.” Blah, blah. Been there. Done that… in high school. Frankly, I like who I am, but I could use some improvement in a few areas. That is where New Year Resolutions come in. I do not know about you, but I love a nice, fresh start. My top NYR are: to run more, encourage others, and the hardest one for me: to save money. Saving money is sooo boring. Spending money is more fun! During 2014, I discovered a few ways to save money and it honestly does not even feel like I’m saving money, but the end results are very nice :) I have found that when using cash, I tend to spend less money. It is so much easier just to change your credit card, but when carrying cash you have already set a limit on what you plan on spending.

1. Use Cash
  • I have found that when using cash, I tend to spend less money. It is so much easier just to change your credit card, but when carrying cash you have already set a limit on what you plan on spending.
2. Save Your Coins
  • This is probably my favorite way of saving money. Whenever you use cash and get your change back, SAVE YOUR COINS. They add up quicker than you think. For example, if my total was $7.33 and I handed the cashier a $10 bill, I would get $2.67 back. The $2 would just go back into my wallet and the $.67 would go into my piggy bank. I have gotten to the point now where if I have to use coins, I get so annoyed. That is how much I love saving my coins. In a month’s time, I had over $100 saved in JUST coins. Pocket change people :)
3. Pick a Number
  • You are probably a little confused by this one. What I mean by this is to pick a number between one and twelve. Got it? Great! Now go to your wallet and grab a few bills. Look on the front at the number on the left side, top or bottom. If the number you chose is on one of the bills, you have to save that bill and you cannot spend it! At the end of the week, deposit those bills into your savings. 
4. Savings Chart
  • This 26 week Savings Chart can save you a lot of money! Just putting back a little each week can help tremendously. Just look at how much you're saving at the end of the 26 weeks! If you are wanting to save money for next Christmas or even a vacation, this is the way to go. You can even double the money each week and save even more. I have found this to be helpful for me because I am a poor college student. This chart is designed to start next week, but you can always start whenever :)






No comments:

Post a Comment