Hello Beautiful

Hello Beautiful

Saturday, January 31, 2015

DIY Kimono

If you're anything like me, then you love DIY projects. Some can be tricky and I end up frustrated and then others are SO easy. This is an easy DIY. It took me no more than 30 minutes to make and I didn't get frustrated once! This kimono is made out of a scarf. I found the redish one at Target for $4 and the yellow one from Charming Charlie for $4 as well. A $4 kimono and I get to pick the print too?? DEAL.



Now, this project does require a little sewing, but if you're not a sewer DON'T FRET. You can use fabric glue :) Instead of getting out my sewing machine, I just hand sewed the entire thing and it didn't take me long at all. Sooo let's get started :)

What you'll need:
  • Scarf
  • Scissors
  • Needle & thread or fabric glue
  • Measuring tape or ruler
  • Pins (to hold fabric together for easier sewing)
Directions:

1. Fold scarf in half inside out, lining up the edges.

2. Sew each side, leaving room for your arms near the fold.


3. After sewing the sides, measure the scarf at the bottom to find the middle of the scarf

4. After finding the middle, cut from the bottom up to the fold and stop ***ONLY CUT THE TOP LAYER*** not both layers!!

5. Fold over edges and iron them down, creating a crease for easier sewing. Sew the edges. 


Turn right side out and VOILA! Kimono :)


Comment/e-mail me if you have any questions! If you make a Kimono, tag me on instagram so I can see it :) @lo_renee 

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog!!


No comments:

Post a Comment